- MWReg30 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Fibrinogen receptor, gpIIb/IIIa, integrin alpha IIb, CD41a
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD41, also known as integrin α2b and GPIIb, is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed by platelets and megakaryocytes. It was reported that CD41 is also expressed on hematopoietic progenitors. CD41 associates with CD61 (integrin β3) to form complexes that interact with fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, and thrombin. CD41 is required for platelet adhesion and aggregation. Defect of CD41 leads to disorders of coagulation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse platelets
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 488.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: depletion of platelets and functional assay in vivo.4,7 The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for in vivo studies (Cat. No. 133910).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nieswandt B, et al. 1999. Blood 94:684.
- Teeling JL, et al. 2001. Blood 98:1095.
- Bertrand JY, et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:134.
- Nocito A, et al. 2007. Hepatology 45:369. (Deplete)
- Sullivan BP, et al. 2010. Toxicol. Sci. 115:286. (Deplete) PubMed
- van der Heyde HC, et al. 2005. Blood 105:1956. (FA)
- Marjon KD, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:1397. (Deplete)
AB_10639937 (BioLegend Cat. No. 133907)
AB_10645332 (BioLegend Cat. No. 133908)
- A transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed by platelets and megakaryocytes
Platelets, megakaryocytes, and hematopoietic progenitors
- Associate with CD61 (integrin β3) to form a complex which plays a major role in platelet adhesion and aggregation
- Ligand Receptor
- Fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, thrombin
- Antigen References
1. Bakewell SJ, et al. 2003. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:14205.
2. Phillips DR, et al. 1991. Cell. 65:359.
- Gene ID
- 16399 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD41 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.