- 16B12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HA epitope tag, HA1, HA2, hemagglutinin, Hemagglutinin HA1 chain, Hemagglutinin HA2 chain, YPYDVPDYA, Hemagglutinin tag
Covance Catalog# A488-101L
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The HA tag (hemagglutinin) is an amino acid sequence derived from the human influenza hemagglutinin surface glycoprotein, corresponding to amino acids 98-106. It is commonly used as a tag to facilitate detection, isolation, and purification of proteins. The full amino acid sequence is: YPYDVPDYA.Product Details
- YPYDVPDYA Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Monoclonal antibody HA.11 was raised against the twelve amino acid peptide, CYPYDVPDYASL.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.09% Sodium Azide + 0.1% BSA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 488.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
IF, FC, ICC
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IF: 1:1,000
• FC: 1:1,000
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunofluorescence (IF) and FACS.
This second-generation HA antibody is an excellent substitute for the 12CA5 monoclonal antibody. HA.11 recognizes the influenza hemagglutinin epitope (YPYDVPDYA) which has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. The extreme specificity of the antibody allows unambiguous identification and quantitative analysis of the tagged protein. The HA.11 antibody recognizes HA epitopes located in the middle of protein sequences as well as at the N- or C-terminus. This antibody was subsequently purified via a protein-G column and conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488. Alexa Fluor® 488 is an excellent alternative to fluorescein (FITC) dyes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- San-Segundo PA, Roeder GS. 2000. Mol Biol Cell. 11:3601.
- Kolodziej P, Young R. 1991. Meth Enzymol. 194:508.
- Field J, et al. 1988. Mol Cell Biol. 8:2159.
- Cavaretta JP, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:103655.
- Collier JH, et al. 2006. PNAS. 103:2021. (FC) PubMed
- Dalter C, et al. 2013. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1833:2844. (FC) PubMed
- Stone A, et al. 2012. J Biol CHem. 287:41139.
- Product Citations
AB_2565072 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901509)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about HA.11 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.