- Other Names
- Herpesvirus Entry Mediator, HVEA, TR2, Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Superfamily 14, TNFRSF14
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
HVEM (Herpes virus entry mediator), also known as TNFRSF14, is a member of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor family that mediates herpes virus entry into cells during infection. Upon overexpression, HVEM activates NF-κB and AP-1 through a TNF receptor-associated factor (TRAF)-mediated mechanism. HVEM ligands belong to two distinct families: the TNF-related cytokines LIGHT and lymphotoxin-α, and the Ig-related membrane proteins BTLA and CD160. HVEM and its ligands have been involved in the pathogenesis of various autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, tumor progression and resistance to immune response. It has been demonstrated that HVEM induces a novel signaling pathway downstream leading to signal transduction and activation of STAT3 in epithelial cells. Since STAT3 regulates the expression of genes important for host defense in epithelial cells, as well as the differentiation of retinoid-related orphan receptor RORγt+, Th17, and innate lymphoid cells. This finding suggests that HVEM may play an important role in mucosal host defense.Product Details
- Mouse HVEM, amino acids Gln39-Val307 (Accession # Q71F55) with a C-terminal human IgG1 Fc and 6-His tag was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 413 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 45.9 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 55 kD and and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 110 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Gln.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1.0 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- When mouse BTLA is immobilized at 1.0 µg/mL, mouse HVEM binds with EC50 of 25 – 100 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spleen, thymus, lung, macrophages, B cells and T cells.
- HVEM plays a role in mucosal host defense, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, and tumor progression.
- Ligand Receptor
- BTLA, CD160, LIGHT, lymphotoxin-α
- Measured by its ability to bind mouse BTLA
- Antigen References
- Pasero C. et al. 2012. Curr. Opin. Pharmacol. 12:478.
- Hsu H. et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:13471.
- Mauri DN. et al. 1998. Immunity. 8:21.
- Montgomery R.I. et al. 1996 Cell. 87:427.
- Shui J.W. et al. 2012. Nature. 488:222.
- Gene ID
- 230979 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HVEM on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.