- Other Names
- PlGF, PLGF, Placental Growth Factor
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
|446007||1 Pre-coated Plate||$425.00|
|446008||5 Pre-coated Plates||$1,600.00|
Placental growth factor (PlGF) is a member of the PDGF/VEGF family of growth factors. Four alternatively-spliced isoforms have been identified: PlGF-1, PlGF-2, PlGF-3, and PlGF-4. All isoforms are expressed in placental tissues, with PlGF-2 being expressed specifically during early placental development. PlGF-1 and PlGF-3 are considered diffusible isoforms, while PlGF-2 and PlGF-4 each contain a unique heparin binding domain that may increase associations with cell membranes. In addition to placental tissues, PlGF is expressed in the microvasculature, bone marrow, umbilical vein endothelia, uterine keratinocytes, and NK cells. PlGF binds to both VEGF-R1 and neuropilin, but not VEGF-R2 and induces monocyte activation, migration, inflammatory cytokine production. PlGF plays a key role in maternal vascular function during pregnancy, with circulating levels reaching a peak mid-gestation. It can be used as a marker for pregnancy-associated hypertensive disorders such as pre-eclampsia. High levels of PlGF expression have also been linked to tumorigenesis; specifically PlGF-1 has been identified in both colon and mammary carcinomas.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Human PlGF ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a monoclonal mouse anti-human PlGF capture antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated monoclonal mouse anti-human PlGF antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human PlGF from serum, urine, cell culture supernatant and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human PlGF Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human PlGF Dectection Antibody
- Human PlGF Standard
- Matrix A (for serum samples only)
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 0.39 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.1 - 200 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- If the kit says it is in 5/10/15 plate format, what does it mean?
It means that kit has enough reagents for 5, 10 or 15 plates depending on which catalog number you have ordered.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.