- RM2-5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LFA-2, T11, Ly-37, SRBC-R
- Rat IgG2b, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD2 is a 45-58 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as LFA-2, T11 or Ly-37. It is a member of the Ig superfamily. Mouse CD2 is primarily expressed on T cells, B cells, thymocytes and NK cells. It is a ligand for CD48 and is involved in T cell activation and differentiation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- BALB/c mouse thymocytes
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, Block, Costim - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of CD2-mediated cell-cell adhesion and inhibition of T cell activation1, blocking of T cell A.I.C.D.2, immunoprecipitation3, and co-induction of thymocyte maturation4. The RM2-5 antibody can block CD2-mediated cell-cell adhesion. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 100118 and 100119).
- Application References
- Nakamura T, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:3628. (Block)
- Ayroldi E, et al. 1997. Blood 89:3717. (Block)
- Criado G, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:1228. (IP)
- Cibotti R, et al. 1997. Immunity 6:245. (Costim)
AB_2832256 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100118)
AB_2832257 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100119)
- Ig superfamily, 45-58 kD
T cells, thymocytes, NK cells, B cells
- T cell activation, adhesion
- CD48, lck
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Davis SJ, et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:177.
3. Bierer BE, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
- Gene ID
- 12481 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD2 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Biotin anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC, IP, Block, Costim|
|APC anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0892 anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||FC, IP, Block, Costim|
|TotalSeq™-C0892 anti-mouse CD2||RM2-5||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.