- HI111 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV N231
- Other Names
- LFA-1α chain, Integrin αL subunit, αL Integrin, ITGAL
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD11a is a 170-180 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as LFA-1α chain and integrin αL subunit. CD11a non-covalently associates with integrin β2 (CD18) to form LFA-1. It is expressed on all leukocytes, including B and T lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, basophils and eosinophils. It is absent on non-hematopoietic tissues and platelets. CD11a plays a central role in leukocyte cell-cell interactions and is important in lymphocyte costimulation. CD11a/CD18 binds to ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), and ICAM-3 (CD50).Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cattle (Bovine, Cow), Capuchin monkey, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Dog (Canine), Horse (Equine), Rabbit (Lapine), Sheep (Ovine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, WB, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone HI111 epitope maps to the top region of the I domain that is close to the putative ligand-binding site surrounding the MIDAS (metal ion-dependent adhesion site). HI111 is specific for the closed confirmation of the integrin8. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections, Western blotting2, and blocking of cell-cell interaction and inhibition the binding of ICAM-14. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 301233 & 301234).
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Leite F, et al. 2002. Infec. Immun. 70:4336.
- Jiang Y, et al. 2005. Clin. Hemorheol. Microcircul. 32:261.
- BTchard D, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:3099.
- Sithu SD, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. doi:10.1074/jbc.M611273200.
- Choi EY, et al. 2008. Blood 111:3607. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Ma Q, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:10638.
- Product Citations
AB_2832576 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301233)
AB_2832577 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301234)
- Integrin, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, noncovalently linked with integrin β2 (CD18) forms LFA-1, 170-180 kD
- Adhesion, costimulation
- ICAM-1(CD54), ICAM-2(CD102), ICAM-3(CD50)
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Lub M, et al. 1995. Immunol. Today 16:479.
2. Parsons J. 1996. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 8:146.
- Gene ID
- 3683 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11a on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|APC anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Biotin anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PE anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC, IHC-F, WB, Block|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD11a (Maxpar® Ready)||HI111||FC, CyTOF®|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD11a||HI111||ICC, FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD11a
Biotin anti-human CD11a
FITC anti-human CD11a
PE anti-human CD11a
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD11a
Purified anti-human CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD11a
Purified anti-human CD11a (Maxpar® Ready)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD11a
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD11a
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD11a
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD11a
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a