- Other Names
- Interleukin-3, Burst promoting activity, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Hematopoietic cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast (MGF/MCGF), Multi-colony stimulating (Multi-CSF), P cell stimulating activity (PCSA), Thy1 inducing factor
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-3 is a highly species-specific pleiotropic factor produced primarily by activated T cells though also by mast cells keratinocytes, and astrocytes, which stimulates colony formation of megakaryocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages from bone marrow cultures. Recombinant mouse IL-3 is a 15.1 kD protein containing 135 amino acids.Product Details
- E. coli, approximately 15 kD.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- ELISA Standard 4-Pack contains four vials of recombinant mouse IL-3 at > 5 ng per vial. Recommended for ELISA application only. Standards are calibrated against a BioLegend Master Calibrator.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 250 pg/ml to 2 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-3 protein is useful as a standard for a mouse IL-3 sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled MP2-8F8 antibody (Cat. No.503902) for capture and biotinylated MP2-43D11 antibody (Cat. No. 504002) for detection.
- Product Citations
- Proliferation/differentiation of almost all types of hematopoietic progenitors into granulocytes, macrophages, erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, mast cell colonies; induces expression of 20-α-steroid dehydrogenase, histidine, ornithine decarboxylase
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, eosinophils, keratinocytes, NK cells, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- Erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, monocytic lineages
- Heterodimer IL-3Rα (CD123) and two alternate β-subunits, AIC2A binds IL-3 and is specific to IL-3Rα, AIC2B (CDw131) shared in common with IL-5R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Frendl G. 1992. Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 14:421.
3. Ihle J. 1992. Chem. Immunology 51:65.
4. Valen TP, et al. 1990. Blut 61:338.
- Upregulated by T cell stimulation; downregulated by glucocorticoids
- Gene ID
- 16187 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-3 on UniProt.org