- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Sphero™ brand beads, 6 peak Rainbow Calibration Beads
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
These Rainbow Calibration Particles are a mixture of 3.0 - 3.4 μm particles, dyed to six different fluorescent intensities. As their excitation range is 365 - 650 nm, they can be used with most lasers. However, they are not for use with the UV laser. The emission spectra of these rainbow particles is compatible with many common fluorophores used in immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis.Product Details
- Rainbow Calibration Particles are in deionized water with 0.02% sodium azide and 0.01% NP-40.
- 107 particles per ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze. Protect from light.
- Recommended Usage
Resuspend well (e.g. vortex vigorously) before adding 3-5 drops to 1 ml of filtered DI water.
- Application Notes
Use of Rainbow Calibration Particles, 6 peaks (3.0-3.4 µm), is common for the following purposes:
1. Instrument performance verification (linearity) and monitoring
2. Standardization of instrument settings for longitudinal studies (can also use Rainbow Calibration Particles, 8 peaks (Cat. No. 422903), and single-peak Rainbow Fluorescent Particles (Cat No. 422905 and 422907)
3. Evaluation of new collection optics (e.g. bandpass filters)
The relative number of fluorophores per particles has been determined for every peak of this product in FL1 (FITC and MEFL), FL2 (RPE and MEPE), FL3 (RPECy5 and MEPCY) and FL4 (APC and MEAP) channels on a flow cytometer to plot the calibration graph, which can be used to check linearity of the PMT in each channel. PMT QC templates can be downloaded directly from Spherotech™.
- Application References
- Calibration and Performance Tracking of Flow Cytometers Using Sphero™ Calibration Particles
- Measuring Molecules of Equivalent Fluorochrome (MEF) Using Sphero™ Rainbow and Ultra Rainbow Calibration Particles
- Determining PMT Linearity in Flow Cytometers Using the Sphero™ PMT Quality Control Excel Template
- Perfetto SP, et al. 2006. Nat. Protoc. 1:1522.
- Gene ID