- 1A5SC (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Sphingosine Kinase 1, SPK1, SK1
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
SPHK1 is a lipid kinase that catalyzes the phosphorylation of sphingosine to sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P) which is a key sphingolipid signaling molecule involved in cell growth, survival, differentiation, and motility. As an important regulator of ceramide, sphingosine, and S1P, SPHK1 plays important roles in immunological, inflammatory diseases, and cancer. SPHK1 is overexpressed in various types of cancers, and upregulation of SPHK1 has been associated with tumor angiogenesis and resistance to radiation and chemotherapy. Agents targeting the SPHK1 have the potential as therapeutics for cancer, immunological, and inflammatory disorders.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- SPHK1 peptide-KLH
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2562878 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658302)
- 384-470 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 45-60 kD.
- Cytoplasm and nucleus.
- SPHK1 is a lipid kinase that catalyzes the phosphorylation of sphingosine to sphingosine-1-phosphate( S1P). It plays important roles in immunological, inflammatory diseases, and cancer.
- ACY1, calmodulin, and SPHKAP.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Wallington-Beddoe CT, et al. 2013. Br. J. Haematol. 161:623.
2. Hisano Y, et al. 2012. J. Biochem. 152:305.
3. Carr JM, et al. 2013. Rev. Med. Virol. 23:73.
4. Maceyka M, et al. 2012. Trends Cell Biol. 22:50.
5. Shida D, et al. 2008. Curr. Drug Targets. 9:662.
- Gene ID
- 8877 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SPHK1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.