- Poly28611 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PRDX2, Peroxiredoxin-2, Thioredoxin peroxidase 1
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human peroxiredoxin 2 is encoded by the PRDX2 gene and belongs to one of six peroxiredoxin families including PRDX1, PRDX2, PRDX3, PRDX4, PRDX5, and PRDX6. Peroxiredoxins are expressed ubiquitously and serve as thiol-specific antioxidant enzymes that regulate the redox state, and reduce H2O2 and lipid peroxides. The antioxidative function of peroxiredoxin 2 protects cells from peroxide-induced apoptosis. Peroxiredoxin 2 is also involved in immune regulation. TNF-α- or lipopolysaccharides-induced peroxiredoxin 2 released by macrophages leads to IL-8 production and proinflammatory responses. In the post-ischemic brain, the extracellular release of peroxiredoxin 2 from necrotic brain cells elicits neuronal cell death mediated by macrophage TLR signaling.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human PRDX2 (amino acid sequence Ala6~Tyr164)
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 1.0 µg/ml for chromogenic staining and 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml for fluorescent staining is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814586 (BioLegend Cat. No. 861101)
- Peroxiredoxin 2 is a 198 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~22 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Predominantly expressed in the liver, lung, kidney, and brain
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol
- Peroxiredoxin 2 protects cells from oxidative stress and functions as a mediator of immune response.
- Peroxiredoxin 2 forms homodimers and a ring-like decamers. It also interacts with TIPIN.
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Mature Neurons, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Enzymes and Regulators, Tumor Suppressors
- Antigen References
- Hussain T, et al. 2016. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 7432797.
- Knoops B, et al. 2016. Mol Cells. 39:60.
- Sánchez-Font MF, et al. 2003. Cell Mol Life Sci. 60:1513.
- Gene ID
- 7001 View all products for this Gene ID 21672 View all products for this Gene ID 29338 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Peroxiredoxin 2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Peroxiredoxin 2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Peroxiredoxin 2||Poly28611||WB,IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.