- W18083A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Programmed Cell Death 4, PDCD4, Programmed Cell Death Protein 4, PDCD-4
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Programmed cell death protein 4 (PDCD4) is a multifunctional tumor suppressor, which inhibits cell growth, metastasis and induces apoptosis by interacting with numerous factors. PDCD4 binds with eukaryotic initiation factors EIFAI and EIFAII, inhibiting their RNA helicase activity and cap-dependent translation, thereby impeding protein synthesis.
PDCD4 localizes to the nuleoplasm of cells.
Diseases linked to PDCD4 include Bardet-Biedl syndrome and colorectal cancer.
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human PDCD4 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1 - 5 μg/mL is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone recognizes human and mouse PDCD4.
For ICC testing, HeLa cells were fixed in 4% PFA and permeabilized with either Triton X-100 or methanol; both methods produced strong staining at 1 mg/mL.
AB_2820207 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933501)
AB_2820208 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933502)
- PDCD4 is a 469 amino acid protein with predicted molecular weight of 52 kD. PDCD4 contains MI domains and a nuclear localization signal.
PDCD4 localizes to the nuleoplasm of cells / Ubiquitously expressed.
- Multifunctional tumor suppressor
- RNA binding, EIF4A1 and EIF4G
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Death, Cell Proliferation and Viability
- Molecular Family
- Protein Modifiers, Tumor Suppressors
- Antigen References
- Matsuhashi S, et al. 2019. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 20(9): 2304.
- Cmarik JL, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 96(24):14037-42
- Suzuki C, et al. 2008. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 105(9):3274-9
- Yuam H, et al. 2017. Oncol. Lett. 14(3):3371-8
- Yang HS, et al, 2003. Mol Cell Biol 23 (1):26-37
- Gene ID
- 27250 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PDCD4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.