- Poly19010 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Paired box protein Pax-2, paired box homeotic gene 2, Opdc, optic disc coloboma
Covance Catalog# PRB-276P
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Pax genes are expressed during embryogenesis in a temporally and spatially restricted manner in the developing neural tube. Pax-2 has been identified to be involved in kidney and optic nerve development. It belongs to the Pax group 2, including Pax-5 and Pax-8. Paired box (Pax) proteins are tissue specific transcription factors that contain a paired domain and typically a partial or complete homeodomain.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Chicken, Xenopus, Zebrafish
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This Pax-2 antibody was generated against a recombinant protein containing 22kD of the Pax-2 sequence corresponding to amino acids 188-385.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1-2 µg/ml (1:500-1:1000)
• Gel shifts: 1:10
• IHC: 1:100
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues, acetone or PFA fixed frozen sections
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Retrieva-All 1 (Cat. No. 927901).
Incubation: 20 minutes at room temperature
Staining Localization: nuclear
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunopurification and DNA band supershift experiments.
*Predicted MW = 44 kD
Positive Control Tissue: normal kidney or renal adenocarcinoma
This antibody recognizes Pax-2A and Pax-2B (two products of the Pax-2 gene). When linked to agarose beads, it has been used to immunoprecipitate DNA sequences recognized by Pax-2.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
- Application References
- Hammes A, et al. 2001. Cell. 106:319.
- Phelps DE, Dressler GR. 1996. J Biol Chem. 271:7978.
- Rothenpieler UW, Dressler GR. 1993. Development. 119:711
- Dressler GR, et al. 1993. Nature. 362:65
- Dressler GR, Douglass EC. 1992. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 89:1179
- Puschel AW, et al. 1992. Mech Dev. 38:197
- Riley BB, et al. 1999. Development. 126:5669. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2734656 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901002)
AB_2565001 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901001)
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.