- 6B9.H8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-17F, cytokine ML-1, mutant IL-17F
Covance Catalog# MMS-5118
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interleukin 17F (IL-17F) is a 37 kD IL-17 family member. The IL-17 family consists of six members including IL-17 (also called IL-17A), IL-17B, IL-17C, IL-17D, IL-17E (also called IL-25), and IL-17F. IL-17F shares the strongest similarity to IL-17A and forms a homodimer or heterodimer with IL-17A. It is produced by Th17 cells, mast cells, basophils, and epithelial cells. IL-17F is an important regulator of inflammatory responses. It is involved in host defense against mucoepithelial infection by Staphylococcus aureus and Citrobacter rodentium. Overexpression of the IL-17F gene in the airways of mice is associated with airway neutrophilia, the induction of many cytokines, an increase in airway hyperreactivity, and mucus hypersecretion. IL-17F is also involved in cancer immunity and autoimmune responses. IL-17F, like IL-17A, depends on IL-17R for its signaling in vitro and in vivo. P38 MAPK, ERK1/2, Act1 (NF-kB activator protein 1), and TRAF6 are involved in IL-17F signaling.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence conjugated to KLH corresponding to amino acids 107-120 of human IL-17F protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
AB_2564936 (BioLegend Cat. No. 830201)
- Expected MW: 15 kD
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Dong C. 2008. Immunol. Rev. 226:80.
2. Kolls JK, et al. 2004. Immunity 21:467.
3. Aggarwal S, et al. 2002. J. Leukoc. Biol. 71:1.
4. Yang XO, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:1063.
5. Ishigame H, et al. 2009. Immunity 30:108.
6. Hu Y, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:4307.
- Gene ID
- 112744 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17F on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.