- M3103F11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Adipogenesis Inhibitory Factor (AGIF)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-11, a member of the IL-6 family of cytokines, exerts a wide range of biological effects on various cell types including hematopoietic cells, hepatocytes, adipocytes, neurons, and osteoblasts. IL-11 works synergistically with other growth factors including SCF, IL-4, IL-3, IL-7, IL-12, IL-13, and GM-CSF to stimulate the proliferation of cells from several hematopoietic lineages. Binding of IL-11 to IL-11 receptor (IL-11R) induces membrane bound gp130 homodimerization and triggers the STAT3 phosphorylation by JAK. IL-11 shares the common receptor subunit gp130 with IL-6, IL-27, LIF, OSM, CNTF, CT-1, CLC, and NP. Female mice deficient in IL-11R revealed that IL-11 has an important role in embryonic implantation. In addition, IL-11 shows anti-inflammatory activity in models of inflammatory bowel disease, chemotherapy induced oral mucositis, and inflammatory arthritis. IL-11 and IL-13 are highly expressed in asthmatic airways (Th2 response). IL-11 can inhibit Th1 responses and the production of Th1 cytokines such as IL-12, shifting inflammation in Th2 direction. Elevated IL-11 expression is associated with tumor grade and invasion in gastric cancer. Recombinant human IL-11 has been clinically approved to improve platelet recovery after chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-11, 180 amino acids Val20-Leu199 (Accession# P20809.1) was expressed in 293E.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2565909 (BioLegend Cat. No. 677602)
- "Four-helix bundle" protein that folds similarly to IL-6. Canonical full length human IL-11 contains 199 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 21.4 kD. Mouse IL-11 also contains 199 amino acids and has a predicted molecular weight of 21.5 kD.
- IL-11 can be secreted by various cell types such as epithelial, endothelial, keratinocytes, stromal, neuronal, fibroblasts, osteoclasts, and bone marrow stromal cells.
- IL-11, a multifunctional cytokine, plays an important role in processes such as hemopoiesis, thrombopoiesis, megakaryocytopoiesis, and bone resorption. It regulates macrophage differentiation and confers mucosal protection after chemotherapy and radiation therapy. IL-11 expression can also be up-regulated by oncogenic Ras or respiratory virus infections. IL-11 and IL-11Rα are induced by IL-13.
- Hematopoietic cells, hepatocytes, adipocytes, neurons, osteoblasts, fibroblasts, and gastrointestinal epithelial cells.
- Membrane bound or soluble IL-11Rα heterodimer with gp130β.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Putoczki and Ernst M. 2010. J. Leuko. Biol. 88:1109.
2. Wilde MI and Faulds D. 1998. BioDrugs 10:159.
3. Barton VA. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:36197.
4. Robb L, et al. 1998. Nat. Med. 4:303.
5. Lemoli RM, et al. 1995. Br. J. Haematol. 91:319.
6. Elias JA, et al. 1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269:22261.
7. Chen Q, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2305.
- Gene ID
- 3589 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-11 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.