- 2G10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- RNA pol sigma 70, rpoD, sigma D, RNA Polymerase
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
RNA polymerase transcribes DNA to synthesize RNA. Prokaryotes contain a single RNA polymerase- core RNA polymerase. RNA polymerase sigma 70 (also known as RNA pol sigma 70 and rpoD) is a part of a family of sigma factor subunits that are required for specific promoter recognition and initiation. RNA pol sigma 70 is the major housekeeping sigma factor responsible for RNA polymerase recognition out of the majority of promoters necessary to transcribe bacterial genes which are expressed during expansion.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- E. coli, C. trachomatis, M. smegmatis, S. aureus, B. pertussis, R. sphaeroides, V. parahaemolyticus, P. aeruginosa, A. tumefaciens, S. faecalis, A. globiformis
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 2G10 is extremely useful for identifying the major sigma factor from a variety of bacteria. It does not react with Borellia burgdorferi. Clone 2G10 recognizes epitope 470-486.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: functional assay and immunoprecipitation.
- Application References
- Breyer MJ, et al. 1997. J. Bacterial 179:1404.
- Lesley SA, et al. 1989. J. Biol. Chem. 264:3794.
- Strickland MS, et al. 1988. Biochemistry 27:5755.
- Product Citations
AB_2814498 (BioLegend Cat. No. 663207)
AB_2814499 (BioLegend Cat. No. 663208)
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-E. coli RNA Sigma 70||2G10||WB|
|Purified anti-E. coli RNA Sigma 70||2G10||WB, ELISA, FA, IP|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.