- 1B5B09 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Probable ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX17, DEAD box protein p82, RNA-dependent helicase p82
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
DDX17 is an ATP-dependent RNA helicase, belonging to the DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp) box superfamily and highly related to the other key family member DDX5. The RNA helicase activity of DDX17 has been implicated in the regulation of RNA metabolism, such as RNA splicing, RNA editing, RNA degradation, and modulating secondary RNA structure. DDX17 can act as a transcriptional co-activator for the estrogen receptor ERα. It is also involved in muscle cell differentiation by co-activating MyoD. DDX17 regulates histone modification through interacting with the acetyltransferases p300, CBP, and PCAF, and the histone deacetylase HDAC1. DDX17 deficient mice exhibit severe developmental problems and die shortly after birth.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human DDX17 recombinant protein (1-107 a.a.)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 -10 μg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, the suggested usage is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody, clone 1B5B09, detects only human DDX17 isoform-1 (p82) by Western blotting. Clone 7G6B09 detects both human DDX17 isoform-1 (p82) and isoform-2 (p72) by Western blotting.
AB_2562550 (BioLegend Cat. No. 657202)
- 729 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 80 kD. Contains a helicase domain, an ATP-binding domain, and a transactivation domain.
- DDX17 is a member of the DEAD box superfamily of RNA helicases, involved in RNA metabolism and transcriptional regulation.
- DDX17 interacts with DDX5, RNA polymerase II, CBP, p300, PCAF, NCOA1, NCOA2, NCOA3, ESR1, TP53, and HDAC1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Janknecht R. 2010. Am. J. Transl. Res. 2:223.
2. Wortham NC, et al. 2009. Oncogene. 28:4053.
3. Shin S, et al. 2007. Cancer Res. 67:7572.
4. Caretti G, et al. 2007. Cell Cycle. 6:1172.
5. Hönig A, et al. 2002. Mol. Cell Biol. 22:5698.
6. Lamm GM, et al. 1996. Nucleic Acids Res. 24:3739.
- Gene ID
- 10521 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DDX17 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.