- 1-11-3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Covance Catalog# SIG-39169
- Rabbit IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by the accumulation of aggregated Aβ peptides in senile plaques and vascular deposits. Aβ peptides are derived from amyloid precursor protein (APP) through sequential proteolytic cleavage of APP by β- and γ-secretases generating diverse Aβ species. Aβ can aggregate to form soluble oligomeric species and insoluble fibrillar or amorphous assemblies. Some forms of the aggregated peptides are toxic to neurons.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC-P) and immunoblotting (WB).
This antibody is reactive to the C-terminus of beta amyloid and specific for the isoform that ends at the 42nd amino acid.
- Application References
- Product Citations
AB_2564763 (BioLegend Cat. No. 812101)
Covered by US patents 5,675,063 and 7,429,487. Sold under license from Epitomics.
- Expected MW: 4 kD
Tissue distribution: Primarily nervous system, but also adipose tissue, intestine, muscle.
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, endosomes, nucleus, plasma membrane, extracellular, and golgi apparatus.
- The normal function of Aβ is not well understood. Several potential physiological roles have been proposed, including: activation of kinase enzymes; protection against oxidative stress; regulation of cholesterol transport; transcription factor, and as an anti-microbial agent.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, x-42 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.