- 5A6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- S5.7, CVID6, TSPAN28
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD81 is a 26 kD non-glycosylated member of the tetraspanin superfamily (TM4SF), also known as TAPA-1 (target of an antiproliferative antibody). CD81 is expressed on T and B cells, NK cells, monocytes, dendritic cells, thymocytes, endothelial cells, and fibroblasts. It also has low levels of expression on granulocytes. CD81 induces B cell adhesion via VLA-4 integrin and has been shown to play a role in early T cell development. CD81 associates with several other cell-surface proteins in a multimolecular complex, including CD19, CD21, CD20, CD37, CD53, and CD82 in B cells, and CD4, CD8, and CD82 in T cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human OCI-LY8 cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western Blotting3 and immunoprecipitation2,3.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Menno C, et al. 2010. J. Clin. Invest. 4:1265.
- Oren R, et al. 1990. Mol. Cell. Biol. 8:4007. (IP)
- Clark K, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279(19):19401. (IP, WB)
- Mochida K, et al. 2008. J. Virol. 13:6711.
- Rappa G, et al. 2014. Mol Cancer Res. 12:1840. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2564022 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349511)
AB_2564023 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349512)
- 26 kD, type III transmembrane protein, member of the TM4SF tetraspanin family. Complexed with CD82, CD19, CD21, or CD4, CD8.
T cells, NK, monocytes, B cells, endothelial and epithelial cells, low on granulocytes.
- Regulates cell activation and growth and cell aggregation.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Monocytes, Neural Stem Cells, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Menno C, et al. 2010. J. Clin. Invest. 4:1265.
2. Fearon D, et al. 1995. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 13:127.
3. Wright M, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:588.
- Gene ID
- 975 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD81 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.