- Other Names
- Multiplex assay, Flow cytometry, Human Growth Factor, Flex Set
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Growth factors activate cell proliferation and differentiation, and regulate many cellular processes including angiogenesis, hematopoiesis, tumorigenesis, metabolism, inflammation, and tissue repair. They could also be potential therapeutic targets and disease biomarkers. The accurate measurement of growth factors is critical for a better understanding of disease progression and related cellular processes.
The LEGENDplex™ Human Growth Factor Panel is a bead-based multiplex assay, using fluorescence-encoded beads suitable for use on various flow cytometers. This panel allows simultaneous quantification of 13 human growth factors: Angiopoietin-2 (Ang-2), EGF, EPO, FGF-basic, G-CSF, GM-CSF, HGF, M-CSF, PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB, SCF, TGF-α, and VEGF. This panel provides higher sensitivity and broader dynamic range than traditional ELISA methods. The panel has been validated for use on serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant samples.
A LEGENDplex™ Mix and Match system is available to customize assays for specificities within this growth factor panel.
- Kit Contents
- Setup Beads 1: FITC Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 2: PE Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 3: Raw Beads (2 ml)
- Capture Beads
- Detection Antibody (3.5 ml)
- Standard Cocktail, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- SA-PE (3.5 ml)
- Matrix B, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- Assay Buffer (25 ml)
- Wash Buffer (25 ml)
- Filter Plate (1 Plate)
- Plate Sealers (4 sheets)
- Data Analysis Software Dongle
Learn more about LEGENDplex™ at biolegend.com/legendplex
Download the LEGENDplex™ software here.
- Materials Not Included
- For a full list, please read the manual
- Flow Cytometer
- Pipettes and Tips
- Reagent Reservoirs for Multichannel Pipettes
- Polypropylene Microfuge Tubes
- Vortex Mixer
- Plate Shaker
- A Vacuum Filtration Unit and a Vacuum Source (if using filter plates)
- Biology Area
- Cell Proliferation and Viability, Immunology, Angiogenesis, Stem Cells, Cancer Biomarkers
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Gene ID
- 1950 View all products for this Gene ID 2056 View all products for this Gene ID 2247 View all products for this Gene ID 1441 View all products for this Gene ID 1437 View all products for this Gene ID 3082 View all products for this Gene ID 1435 View all products for this Gene ID 5154 View all products for this Gene ID 5155 View all products for this Gene ID 4254 View all products for this Gene ID 7039 View all products for this Gene ID 7422 View all products for this Gene ID
- After I finish the staining process, how long can I wait before reading my LEGENDplex™ samples?
The samples can be kept overnight at 4°C while being protected from exposure to light and be read the next day. There may be a decrease in signal, but overall, the assay results should not be affected. Storing the samples for extended periods of time is not recommended, as it could lead to further reductions in signal.
- If I don't have a vacuum, how do I remove the liquid from my plate?
Do NOT invert the plate to dump the liquid. The beads will not adhere to the plate. After centrifugation using a swing bucket rotor with a plate adaptor, you can remove the liquid by using a pipette.
- Is special software required for data analysis?
Typically flow cytometers generate output files in FCS format (e.g. FCS 2.0, 3.0, or 3.1) and in some cases in list mode file format (LMD). FCS files can be analyzed by different software. Data generated from using LEGENDplex™ kits can be analyzed using the LEGENDplex™ data analysis software freely available on the BioLegend website (biolegend.com/legendplex/software). A free of charge software license dongle is currently provided in the kit. Please check our website for the most updated versions of the software.
- Should I perform the assay with the filter plates or with V-bottom plates?
Filter plates or V-bottom plates have been included in some kits for your convenience. Performing the assay with filter plates is generally recommended. A vacuum filtration unit is required to work with the filter plates. If however, you don’t have access to a vacuum manifold, then you can use the V-bottom plates or micro-FACS tubes as described in the manual and follow the recommended assay protocols for the type of plates or tubes you choose. All tubes and plates should be made from low binding polypropylene. Polystyrene ELISA or cell culture plates should not be used.
- What is the shelf life of LEGENDplex™ kits?
LEGENDplex™ kits are valid for 6 months from the date of receipt.