- M18/2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- integrin β2, β2 integrin, ITGB2
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD18 is a 95 kD protein, also known as integrin β2 subunit. It is expressed on all leukocytes. CD18, in association with integrin α chain CD11a, CD11b, and CD11c forms LFA-1, Mac-1, and αXβ2, respectively, and plays an important role in leukocytes adhesion. The CD18 integrin complexes bind ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50), iC3b, and fibrinogen. The M18/2 antibody is able to block tumor cell metastasis and enhance cell adhesion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse CTL glycoprotein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, WB, Block, Stim, IHC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, Western blotting1, in vitro and in vivo blocking of tumor cells metastasis or stimulation of cell-adhesion2-6, and immunohistochemical staining7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101410).
- Application References
- Sanchez-Madrid, et al. 1983. J. Exp. Med. 158:586. (IP, WB)
- Zahalka MA, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 150:4466. (IP, Block, Stim)
- Zahalka MA, et al. 1994. Int. Immunol. 6:917. (Block, Stim)
- Ishida Y, et al. 1994. Cell. Immunol. 155:414. (Block, Stim)
- Isobe M, et al. 1992. Science 255:1125. (Block, Stim)
- Driessens MHE, et al. 1996. J. Leukoc. Biol. 60:758. (Block, Stim)
- Barlow SC, et al. 2004. Amer. J. Pathol. 165:1849. (IHC)
AB_312818 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101409)
AB_2128343 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101410)
- Integrin family, associates with CD11a, CD11b, CD11c, 95 kD
- All leukocytes
- ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50), iC3b, fibrinogen
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Anderson DC, et al. 1987. Annu. Rev. Med. 38:175.
3. Wilson RW, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:1571.
- Gene ID
- 16414 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD18 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.