- Other Names
- VEGFA165, MVCD1, VEGF, Vascular permeability factor (VPF), VEGFA,VEGF-A, VEGF-121,Vascular endothelial growth factor
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is currently available at 50% of list price. Promotional pricing cannot be combined with other discounts. Price reduction will be reflected during checkout.
If you are a customer who orders via a distributor, please contact your distributor for eligibility.
Note: This product does not include ELISA microwell plates. Cat. No. 423501 is recommended.
VEGF (also known as VEGF-A) is a signaling protein with strong vascular permeability activity that stimulates the formation of new blood vessels during the processes of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. It is a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor family, which in mammals is comprised of VEGF-A, VEGF-B, VEGF-C, VEGF-D, and PlGF (placental growth factor). There are multiple isoforms of VEGF that result from alternative splicing of mRNA. VEGF binds and activates two tyrosine kinase receptors, VEGFR1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR2 (KDR/Flk-1), through which VEGF exerts its mitogenic effects. VEGF is highly expressed in solid tumors of breast, lung, renal, colorectal, and hepatic origin. Additionally, it significantly contributes to ascites tumor formation. Beyond cancer, VEGF has also been associated with multiple pathogenic conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, age-related macular degeneration, Crow-Fukase syndrome, sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease.
The BioLegend ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The human VEGF capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and VEGF binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated anti-human VEGF detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of VEGF present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader.
- Kit Contents
- Human VEGF ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human VEGF ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human VEGF Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution D
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Assay Diluent D
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 4.1 ± 2.2 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 23.4-1,500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe sets no longer come with plates, but Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat. No. 423501), and instructions on coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.