- 1Y26 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- RNA polymerase II sub-unit 3, RPB3, POLR2C
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
DNA-dependent RNA polymerase catalyzes the transcription of DNA into RNA using the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates. The RNA polymermase II subunit RPB3 is a component of RNA polymerase II which synthesizes mRNA precursors and many functional non-coding RNAs. Pol II is the central component of the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. It is composed of mobile elements that move relative to each other. RPB3 is part of the core element with the central large cleft and the clamp element that moves to open and close the cleft and is known to be involved in transcription termination.Product Details
- Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:2000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
This clone is yeast RPB3-specific and should not be used to detect mammalian RPB3.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: chromatin immunoprecipitation.
- Application References
- Svetlov V, et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273:10827.
- Product Citations
AB_2566702 (BioLegend Cat. No. 665005)
- RPB3 is a 45 kD subunit of the yeast RNA polymerase II.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Gene ID
- 854791 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RNA Polymerase II RPB3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.