- TS1/8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V S025
- Other Names
- LFA-2, T11, SRBC-R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD2 is a 50 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as LFA-2, T11, and sheep red blood cell receptor (SRBC-R). This immunoglobulin superfamily member is expressed on thymocytes, T lymphocytes, NK cells, and thymic B cell subsets. The major ligand for CD2 is CD58 (also known as LFA-3). CD2 has also been reported to bind CD48, CD59, and CD15. CD2 plays a critical role in alternative T cell activation, T cell signaling, and cell-cell adhesion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of T cell activation, and partial blocking of B cell costimulation2. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 309235 & 309236).
- Application References
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds.1995. Leucocyte Typing V Oxford University Press. New York.
- Hughes CCW, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:5369.
- Product Citations
AB_10915139 (BioLegend Cat. No. 309217)
AB_2561832 (BioLegend Cat. No. 309218)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 50 kD
T cells, NK cells, thymocytes, and thymic B cell subsets
- T cell activation, adhesion
- CD58 (LFA-3), CD48, CD59, CD15
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Bell G, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:2805.
2. Bierer B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Moingeon P, et al. 1989. Immunol. Rev. 111:111.
- Gene ID
- 914 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD2 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.