- 24-31 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD40L, gp39, TRAP, T-BAM, TNFSF5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD154 (CD40 ligand) is also known as CD40L, gp39, TRAP and T-BAM. CD40 ligand is a 32-39 kD type II transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a member of the TNF superfamily and is expressed on activated T cells. It has been reported to be important for B cell costimulation following binding of its receptor, CD40. Additionally, binding of CD40L to CD40 on B cells promotes the secretion of immunoglobulin and Ig isotype switching. CD40L is also involved in the regulation of cytokine production by T cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy1,3 and blocking of T cell-dependent B cell differentiation1,2,4,5. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 310812). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 310828) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
- Application References
- Brams P, et al. 2001. Int. Immunopharmacol. 1:277. (Block, IF)
- Rushworth SA, et al. 2002. Transplantation 73:635. (Block)
- Berner B, et al. 2000. Ann. Rheum. Dis. 59:190. (IF)
- Nordström T, et al. 2006. J. Leukocyte Biol. 79:319. (Block)
- Zhang AL, et al.2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-076364. (Block) PubMed
- Kuchen S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5886.
- Matus-Nicodermos R, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:2164. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_10933251 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310823)
AB_2562721 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310824)
- TNF superfamily, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, cleaved as soluble CD40L, 32-39 kD
Activated T cells
- B cell costimulation
- Cell Type
- T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Najafian N, et al. 2003. Expert Opin. Biol. Ther. 3:227.
2. Racke M, et al. 2002. Expert Opin. Ther. Targets. 6:275.
3. Ford G, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:4037.
- Gene ID
- 959 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD154 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD154
FITC anti-human CD154
PE anti-human CD154
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD154
APC anti-human CD154
Biotin anti-human CD154
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD154
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD154
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD154
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD154
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD154
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD154
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD154
Purified anti-human CD154 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD154
TotalSeq™-A0032 anti-human CD154
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD154
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD154
TotalSeq™-C0032 anti-human CD154
TotalSeq™-B0032 anti-human CD154
TotalSeq™-D0032 anti-human CD154