- JES1-5A10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-5, Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), B cell growth factor-2 (BCGF-2), B cell differentiation factor for IgM (BCDF-m), IgA enhancing factor (IgA-EF), T cell replacing factor-1 (TRF-1)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-5 is a homodimeric, disulphide-linked protein produced by T-cells. Monomeric human IL-5 is a 126 amino acid protein with a reported molecular weight of 26 kD for the homodimeric protein. Mouse and human IL-5 are approximately 70% identical. IL-5 has been shown to promote the growth of immature hematopoietic BFU-E progenitors, stimulate the activation and differentiation of eosinophils, and promote the generation of cytotoxic lymphocytes. The JES1-39D10 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-5.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity*: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant human IL-5
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-5 protein ranging from 250 to 1 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate when paired with TRFK5 (Cat. # 504302). To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-5 protein ranging from 500 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate when paired with JES1-39D10 (Cat. # 500902).
For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA1-3 or ELISPOT4-6 Detection: The purified JES1-5A10 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated JES1-39D10 (Cat. No. 501002) as the detection antibody. Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
Neutralization1: The LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-5 bioactivity.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining8,9 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-5 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430401 & 430404) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Butterfield J, et al. 1992. Blood 79:688.
- Abrams J, et al. 1994. Eosinophils in Allergy and Inflammation. Marcel Dekker New York. p.133.
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19.6.
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567.
- Limaye A, et al. 1991. J. Clin. Inv. 88:1418.
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
AB_315144 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501002)
- Cytokine; dimer; 45 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/differentiation of eosinophils; proliferation/cell activation/differentiation of eosinophilic granulocytes
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- Heterodimer IL-5Rα (CD125); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Takatsu K, et al. 1988. Immunol. Rev. 102:107.
3. Takatsu K. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:299.
4. Takatsu K. 1991. Microbiol. Immun. 35:593.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-5 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.