- MH9A4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-9, P40, Mast cell growth factor (MCGF), Megakaryoblast growth factor, T cell growth factor-3 (TCGF-3)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-9 is a potent, T cell-derived, T cell growth factor which can also enhance mast cell activity and IL-3- or IL-4- dependent proliferation of bone marrow-derived mast cells. IL-9 synergizes with erythropoietin to promote erythroid colony formation. IL-9 has also been reported to protect human T cells from apoptosis induced by IL-2 withdrawal. IL-9 is upregulated in human eosinophils by TNF-α and IL1-β. IL-9 has been reported to downregulate the oxidative burst in activated human alveolar macropahges and induce TGF-β production. The MH9A4 antibody reacts with human IL-9. The MH9A4 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-9.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Baculovirus-expressed, recombinant human IL-9
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture2: The purified MH9A4 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a human IL-9 sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MH9D1 antibody as the detecting antibody.
For human IL-9 neutralization assay, the LEAF™ purified MH9D1 antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-9 bioactivity.
- Application References
- Product Citations
AB_2264898 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507607)
AB_2233829 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507608)
- Cytokine; 32-39 kD (Mammalian)
- Potentiates production of IgG, IgM, and IgE by IL-4-induced B lymphocytes; regulates granzyme family proteases; enhances proliferation of bone marrow mast cells with IL-3; production of IL-6 by mast cells
- Cell Sources
- IL-2 activated TH2 lymphocytes, Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Cell Targets
- T lymphocytes, erythroid precursors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunology 143:385.
3. Renauld J, et al. 1993. Adv. Immunol. 54:79.
4. Yang Y. 1992. Leuk. Lymphoma 8:441.
- Upregulated by IL-1 after TCR activation, TNF-α; downregulated by antibodies to IL-2
- Gene ID
- 3578 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-9 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All IL-9 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human IL-9||MH9A4||ELISA Capture|
|PE anti-human IL-9||MH9A4||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-9||MH9A4||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-9||MH9A4||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-9||MH9A4||ICFC|
|APC anti-human IL-9||MH9A4||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.