- HI111 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV N231
- Other Names
- LFA-1α chain, Integrin αL subunit, αL Integrin, ITGAL
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD11a is a 170-180 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as LFA-1α chain and integrin αL subunit. CD11a non-covalently associates with integrin β2 (CD18) to form LFA-1. It is expressed on all leukocytes, including B and T lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, basophils and eosinophils. It is absent on non-hematopoietic tissues and platelets. CD11a plays a central role in leukocyte cell-cell interactions and is important in lymphocyte costimulation. CD11a/CD18 binds to ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), and ICAM-3 (CD50).Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cattle (Bovine, Cow), Capuchin monkey, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Dog (Canine), Horse (Equine), Rabbit (Lapine), Sheep (Ovine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone HI111 epitope maps to the top region of the I domain that is close to the putative ligand-binding site surrounding the MIDAS (metal ion-dependent adhesion site). HI111 is specific for the closed confirmation of the integrin8. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections, Western blotting2, and blocking of cell-cell interaction and inhibition the binding of ICAM-14. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 301233 & 301234).
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Leite F, et al. 2002. Infec. Immun. 70:4336.
- Jiang Y, et al. 2005. Clin. Hemorheol. Microcircul. 32:261.
- BTchard D, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:3099.
- Sithu SD, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. doi:10.1074/jbc.M611273200.
- Choi EY, et al. 2008. Blood 111:3607. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Ma Q, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:10638.
- Product Citations
AB_2128991 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301218)
- Integrin, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, noncovalently linked with integrin β2 (CD18) forms LFA-1, 170-180 kD
- Adhesion, costimulation
- ICAM-1(CD54), ICAM-2(CD102), ICAM-3(CD50)
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Lub M, et al. 1995. Immunol. Today 16:479.
2. Parsons J. 1996. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 8:146.
- Gene ID
- 3683 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11a on UniProt.org
|APC anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Biotin anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PE anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC, IHC-F, WB, Block|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC, IHC-F, WB, Block|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD11a||HI111||ICC, FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD11a (Maxpar® Ready)||HI111||FC, CyTOF®|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a||HI111||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD11a
Biotin anti-human CD11a
FITC anti-human CD11a
PE anti-human CD11a
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD11a
Purified anti-human CD11a
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD11a
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD11a
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD11a
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a
Purified anti-human CD11a (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD11a
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11a