- 3D10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Klra8, Cmv1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ly49H, also known as Cmv1 and Klra8, is a 28.3 kD protein. It is expressed on NK cells (but not on NKT cells) from C57BL/6 mice (but not Balb/c or DBA/2 mice). Expression of Ly49H has been associated with resistance to MCMV infection in C57BL/6 mice. Modulation of Ly49H expression by its antibody made MCMV-resistant C57BL/6 mice susceptible to infection. Unlike Ly49A, Ly49H lacks the ITIM (immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif) but has ITAM (immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif), which is associated with DAP-12 (KARAP, killer cell activating motif).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C1498-Ly49A/H transfectant
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, Block - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: immunoprecipation1, and in vitro2 and in vivo3 blocking activity. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 144717 & 144718).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Guseva NV, et al. 2010. Eur. J. Immunol. 40:2618. (IP)
- Orr MT, et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206:807. (Block)
- Rodriguez M, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:6312. (Block)
AB_2819889 (BioLegend Cat. No. 144717)
AB_2819890 (BioLegend Cat. No. 144718)
- 28.3 kD
NK cells but not NKT cells
- Interacts with m157, a cytomegalovirus-encoded protein
- Cell Type
- NK cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Gosselin P, et al. 1999. J. Leuko. Bio. 66:165.
2. Lee SH, et al. 2001. Nat. Genet. 28:42.
3. Daniels KA, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:29.
- Gene ID
- 16639 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly49H on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.