- MMp19B2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 23 p19/p40, P19, IL-23A, IL23P19
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interleukin 23 (IL-23) is a heterodimeric cytokine composed of two disulfide-linked subunits, a p19 subunit that is unique to IL-23, and a p40 subunit that is shared with IL-12.IL-23 is secreted by activated macrophages and dendritic cells.Human and mouse p19 share 70% aa sequence identity. The functional IL-23 receptor complex consists of two receptor subunits, a β1 subunit shared with the IL-12 receptor (IL-12R β1) and a β2-like subunit with STAT4 binding domain, termed the IL-23-specific receptor subunit (IL-23R).IL-23 has been shown to enhance IFN-γ production by memory T cells.Additionally, mouse IL-23 (but not IL-12) can activate mouse memory T cells to produce the potent proinflammatory cytokine IL-17.IL-23 has been shown to be upregulated in certain autoimmune diseases and promote immunity in response to some viral and mycobacterial infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse p19 C-terminal peptide
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
ELISA-C, ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of mouse IL-23 (5 ng/ml) in mouse splenocytes.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: The purified MMP19B2 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated C17.8 antibody as detection antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Keswani T, et al. 2014. Exp Parasitol. 141:82. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2801103 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513807)
AB_2801104 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513808)
- Member of the IL-12 cytokine family, heterodimeric cytokine composed of p40 subunit shared with IL-12 and a specific p19 subunit
Secreted by activated dendritic cells and macrophages.
- Upregulated in viral infections, increased in psoriatic lesions and promotes immunity to mycobacteria.
- IL-23 receptor (β1 subunit of IL-12 receptor and IL-23-specific subunit)
- Enhances IFN-γ secretion by memory (CD45RO) T cells and induces unique Th subset (designated Th-17) secreting IL-17.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Oppmann B, et al. 2000. Immunity 13:715.
2. Parham C, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:5448.
3. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:1910.
4. Verreck FA, et al. 2004. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:4560.
5. Lee E, et al. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 199:125.
- Gene ID
- 83430 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-23 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.