- QA20A33 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 17A, IL17A, IL-17, IL17, CTLA-8 , CTLA8
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17A was initially identified from a subtracted cDNA library between closely related murine lymphoid cells called CTLA-8. IL-17A shares 58% homology with an open reading frame of the T-lymphotropic Herpes virus Samirii virus (viral IL-17). IL-17A belongs to a family of cytokines, which has five members: designated IL-17A-F. IL-17 is expressed by a unique lineage of CD4 T cells known as Th17 cells. This lineage selectively produces proinflammatory cytokines including IL-17, IL-17F, IL-21, and IL-22. In mice, the differentiation of this new lineage is initiated by TGFbeta-1 and IL-6 or IL-21, which activates Stat3 and induces the expression of the transcription factor retinoic acid-related orphan receptors (RORγt and RORα). IL-23, which also activates Stat3, serves to maintain Th17 cells lineage.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse IL-17A
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralizing the induction of mouse IL-6 by recombinant mouse IL-17A (5 ng/mL) in fetal mouse skin fibroblasts. ND50 range: 7 – 35 ng/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2910507 (BioLegend Cat. No. 946503)
AB_2910507 (BioLegend Cat. No. 946504)
Memory T lymphocytes, CD4+ T helper cells (Th17), neutrophils, CD8(+), NK, and gamma-delta T cells
- Potent regulator of granulopoiesis and neutrophil recruitment under normal and inflammatory conditions. Its organ overexpression increases circulating neutrophil numbers and recruitment into the organs by induction of CXCL2, IL-1β, and G-CSF. Induces CXCL1, CXCL2, CXCL5, and CXCL8 in human epithelial cells. Cooperates with TLR ligands, IL-1β, and TNF-α to enhance inflammatory reactions and stimulate production of β-defensins and other antimicrobial peptides. Th17 differentiation of human and murine naïve T cells is markedly suppressed in the presence of IFNα.
- Epithelial cells, fibroblasts, B and T lymphocytes, myelomonocytic cells, and marrow stromal cells
- Heteromeric receptor composed of IL-17RA and IL-17RC
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Yu J, et al. 2008. Front Biosci. 13:170-7.
- Toy D, et al. 2006. J Immunol. 177:36-9.
- Benghiat FS, et al. 2009. Transplant Rev. 23:11-8.
- Honorati MC, et al. 2001. Rheumatology. 40:522-7.
- Rouvier E, et al. 1993. J Immunol. 150:5445-56.
- Liang SC, et al. 2007. J Immunol. 179:7791-9.
- Ouyang W, et al. 2008. Immunity. 28:454-67.
- Gene ID
- 16171 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All IL-17A Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-17A Recombinant Antibody||QA20A33||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.