- MAR1-5A3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IFNAR1, IFN-αR1, IFN-α/β Receptor Subunit 1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IFNAR-1, the type I IFN receptor subunit 1, is coexpressed with IFNAR-2 on nearly all cells and make up the heterodimeric receptor complex that binds to all type I IFNs (IFN-α/β). Type I IFNs are a group of structurally and functionally related cytokines that have been shown to promote anti-viral, anti-microbial, anti-tumor, and autoimmune responses. Ligand binding to the IFN-α/β receptor complex leads to the tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of IFNAR-1-associated Tyk2 and IFNAR-2-associated Jak1 signal transductions.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Exogenously expressed murine IFNAR1 extracellular domain
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, WB, ELISA, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume or 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1,2, immunoprecipitation1, ELISA1, and blocking8,9. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 127322) (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sheehan KC, et al. 2006. J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 26:804. (FC, Block, IP, WB, ELISA)
- Dunn GP, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:722. (FC, WB)
- Miller JC, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:8492. PubMed
- Habjan M, et al. 2009. J. Virol. 83:4365. PubMed
- Kelly-Scumpia KM, et al. 2010. J. Exp. Med. 207:319. PubMed
- Swanson CL, et al. 2010. J. Exp. Med. 207:1485. PubMed
- Marshall HD, et al. 2011. J Virol. epub. PubMed
- Swann JB, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:7540. (Block)
- Jones GW, et al. 2011. FASEB J. 25:409. (Block)
- Mitzel DN, et al. 2014. J. Immunol. 192:4273. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_11150409 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127321)
AB_11149116 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127322)
AB_2629521 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127323)
AB_2629522 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127324)
AB_2832460 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127327)
AB_2819862 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127328)
IFNAR1 and IFNAR2 are coexpressed on nearly all cells.
- Antigen References
1. Branca AA, et al. 1981. Nature 294:768.
2. Orchansky P, et al. 1984. J. Interferon Res. 4:275.
3. Hemmi S, et al. 1994. Cell 76:803.
4. Novick D, et al. 1994. Cell 77:391.
- Gene ID
- 15975 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFNAR-1 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.