- SA362F7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Fas, ALPS1A, APO-1, APT1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD95, also known as Fas, is an approximately 45 kD type I transmembrane protein belonging to the TNFR superfamily (TNFRSF6). The expression of CD95 has been described in various organs, such as thymus, spleen, liver, heart, lung and ovary. Upon ligand (FasL) binding, CD95 forms the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) intracellularly and induces apoptosis of the cell. CD95-induced apoptosis plays important roles in development, as well as in maintaining peripheral tolerance of the immune system.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Fas Transfectants
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
FA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone SA362F7 induces apoptosis when cultured together with mouse thymocytes; this can be seen with increased Annexin V and 7AAD signals.
AB_2632788 (BioLegend Cat. No. 152803)
AB_2632789 (BioLegend Cat. No. 152804)
- CD95 (Fas) is an approximately 45 kD type I transmembrane protein; cystiene-rich domain, death domain.
- Thymus, spleen, liver, heart, lung, and ovary.
- Induction of apoptosis.
- Caspase 8, caspase 10, CFLAR, FADD, PDCD6, SUMO1, and TNFRSF6.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Ogasawara J, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 181:485.
2. Ogasawara J, et al. 1993. Nature 364:806.
3. Nishimura Y, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 154:4395.
- Gene ID
- 14102 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD95 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All CD95 (Fas) Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD95 (Fas)||SA362F7||FC,FA|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.