- MWReg30 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Fibrinogen receptor, gpIIb/IIIa, integrin alpha IIb, CD41a
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD41, also known as integrin α2b and GPIIb, is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed by platelets and megakaryocytes. It was reported that CD41 is also expressed on hematopoietic progenitors. CD41 associates with CD61 (integrin β3) to form complexes that interact with fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, and thrombin. CD41 is required for platelet adhesion and aggregation. Defect of CD41 leads to disorders of coagulation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse platelets
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
FA - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: depletion of platelets and functional assay in vivo.4,7 The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for in vivo studies (Cat. No. 133939).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nieswandt B, et al. 1999. Blood 94:684.
- Teeling JL, et al. 2001. Blood 98:1095.
- Bertrand JY, et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:134.
- Nocito A, et al. 2007. Hepatology 45:369. (Deplete)
- Sullivan BP, et al. 2010. Toxicol. Sci. 115:286. (Deplete) PubMed
- van der Heyde HC, et al. 2005. Blood 105:1956. (FA)
- Marjon KD, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:1397. (Deplete)
AB_2810396 (BioLegend Cat. No. 133939)
AB_2810397 (BioLegend Cat. No. 133940)
- A transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed by platelets and megakaryocytes
Platelets, megakaryocytes, and hematopoietic progenitors
- Associate with CD61 (integrin β3) to form a complex which plays a major role in platelet adhesion and aggregation
- Fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, thrombin
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Megakaryocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Bakewell SJ, et al. 2003. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:14205.
2. Phillips DR, et al. 1991. Cell. 65:359.
- Gene ID
- 16399 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD41 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.