- A16054H (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Macrophage inflammatory protein-3α (MIP-3α)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CCL20 (MIP-3α) belongs to the CC chemokine family. Human CCL20 is a protein of 96 amino acids, which shares the highest homology of 28% amino acid identity with MIP-1β and 64% amino acid sequence identity with the mouse CCL20. CCL20 is produced by activated monocytes, T cells, neutrophils, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and fibroblasts. Its expression is induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and inflammatory cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor, IL-1β and interferon-γ, and downregulated by IL-10. CCL20 is the ligand for chemokine receptor CCR6, which is expressed on memory T cells, B cells, and immature dendritic cells (DCs). Therefore, it is involved in the regulation of DC trafficking and recruitment and activation of T cells. CCL20 also has potent antimicrobial activity. Upregulation of CCL20 plays important roles in autoimmune processes. This includes pathologies of the central nerve system (MS), pathogenesis of encephalomyelitis, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel diseases. CCL20 is also involved in various cancers, such as gastrointestinal cancers, pancreatic cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, and breast cancer.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CCL20 (MIP-3α)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of the chemotaxis induced by recombinant mouse CCL20 (MIP-3α) (Cat. No. 582306) at 0.3 ng/mL on mouse Baf3-hCCR6 transfectant chemoattractant cells. ND50 range: 0.08 - 0.4 µg /mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2894527 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942903)
AB_2894527 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942904)
Monocytes, T cells, neutrophils, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, synoviocytes, DCs, pulmonary and intestinal epithelial cells, dermal microvascular endothelial cells
- Chemoattracts immature dendritic cells at sites of injury, upregulated by mediators of inflammation such as TNF or LPS, induced by Th17 cytokines (IL-17A, IL-22, and TNF-α) in keratinocyte.
- T cells, Th17, Tregs, B cells, DC subsets including CD11b+ CD8α-myeloid DCs, Langerhans cells (LC), CD34+ cell-derived immature myeloid DCs, and immature monocyte-derived DCs
- CCR6 (CD196)
- Antigen References
- Varona R, et al. 1998. FEBS Lett. 440:188.
- Homey B, et al. 2000. J Immunol. 164:6621.
- Hoover DM, et al. 2002. J Biol Chem. 277:37647.
- Hirota K, et al. 2007. J Exp Med. 204:2803.
- Harper EG, et al. 2009. J Invest Dermatol. 129:2175.
- Ito T, et al. 2011. Exp Cell Res. 317:613.
- Gene ID
- 20297 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL20 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.