- W20042A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SIS-delta, T-cell specific protein p288, Regulated on Activation Normal T-expressed and Secreted (RANTES), Wmall inducible cytokine A5
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Select size of product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31, 2023. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
CCL5 is a CC chemokine that directs the migration of leukocytes in immune and inflammatory responses. Increased CCL5 expression has been associated with a wide range of inflammatory disorders and pathologies. It has been shown that CCL5 is highly expressed by breast tumor cells at primary tumor sites and is strongly associated with the progression of breast cancer. CCL5 may contribute to tumor progression by recruiting monocytes into tumor sites, and CCL5 can also stimulate the release of MMP, thereby promoting tumor cell migration. Some studies also show that CCL5 has pro-angiogenesis effects in vivo and in vitro. CCL5 oligomerization and binding to GAGs can induce angiogenic effects through its receptor CCR1 and CCR5. CCL5 is expressed in the early stages of many viral infections. It has been shown that CCL5 is protective against many viruses including influenza, RSV, HCMV, HCV, and HIV. CCL5 can inhibit HIV infection by competing with the virus for CCR5 binding. CCL5 also has been implicated in the development of asthma, artherosclerosis, and fibrosis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CCL5 (RANTES)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of the chemotaxis induced by recombinant mouse CCL5 (RANTES) (Cat. No. 594204) at 3 ng/mL on mouse Baf3-hCCR5 transfectant chemoattractant cells. ND50 range: 0.02 - 0.1 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2910508 (BioLegend Cat. No. 947003)
AB_2910508 (BioLegend Cat. No. 947004)
CCL5 is secreted by lymphocytes, macrophages, eosinophils, platelets, and fibroblasts. CCL5 is expressed by hepatocytes, sinusoidal endothelial cells and biliary epithelium during chronic hepatitis C.
- CCL5 can promote IL-2 and IL-5 expression in human T cells, and the expression of IL-6 and IL-8 in fibroblasts from patients with RA. CCL5 modulates LPS-induced IL-6 and TNFÎ± in peripheral blood monocytes; this modulation occurs through the induction of IL-10 by CCL5.
- CCL5 is a chemoattractant for memory and activated T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells, eosinophils, NK cells, mast cells, and basophils.
- CCL5 binds to CCR1, CCR3, and CCR5 receptors. CCL5 also binds to CCR9 but does not induce calcium flux, and therefore there is no chemotactic response.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Schall TJ, et al. 1990. Nature 347:669-71.
- Cocchi F, et al. 1995. Science 270:1811-5.
- Shahrara S, et al. 2006. J Immunol. 177:5077-87.
- Larrubia JR, et al. 2008. World J Gastroenterol. 14:7149-59.
- Gleissner CA, et al. 2008. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1920-7.
- Marques RE, et al. 2013. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 17:1439-60.
- Gene ID
- 20304 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL5 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CCL5 (RANTES)||W20042A||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.