- 6D4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PERB11, MIC, MHC class I chain-related protein A, MICA, PERB11.1, MHC class I chain-related protein B, MICB, PERB11.2
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
6D4 antibody reacts with a common epitope of the human nonclassical MHC class I chain-related protein A (MICA) and B (MICB), also known as PERB11.1 and PERB11.2. The MIC gene is located in MHC class I region. MICA/B are 65-75 kD stress-inducible glycoproteins with highly polymorphic. They are MHC class I-like transmembrane molecules that do not associate β2-microglobulin and do not present peptides. MICA and MICB share 85% identify, and are mainly expressed on Intestinal epithelial cells, epithelial tumor cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and IFN-α-stimulated dendritic cells. MIC molecules bind NKG2D, an activating receptor, and induce activation of NK cells, and subset of CD8+ α/β T cells and γ/δ T cells, as well as suppression of T cell proliferation. MICA/B recognition is involved in the regulation of tumor surveillance, viral infection and autoimmune diseases. The 6D4 antibody is able to block MIC mediated cytotoxicity.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-P, IHC-F, IP, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunohistochemistry2,3,5 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, immunoprecipitation7, and blocking2,3 of MIC mediated cytotoxicity. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 320919 & 320120).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Groh V, et al. 1999. Science 279:1737.
- Groh V, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96:6879.
- Groh V, et al. 2001. Nature Immunol. 2:255.
- Li Z, et al. 2000. Immunogenetics 51:246.
- Park EJ, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:4131.
- Jinushi M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:5423.
- Wu J, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:4196.
AB_2814175 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320919)
AB_2814176 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320920)
- 65-75 kD glycoprotein, MHC class I-like transmembrane molecules that do not associate ß2-microglobulin, highly polymorphic
Intestinal epithelium, epithelial tumors, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, INF-a-stimulated dendritic cells
- Activation of NK cells, subset of CD8+ α/ß T cells and γ/δ T cells, suppression of T cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Groh V, et al. 1996. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 93:12445.
2. Groh V, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96:6879.
3. Jinushi M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:1249.
4. Kriegeskorte AK, et al. 2005. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 102:11805.
5. Groh V, et al. 1999. Science 279:1737.
- Gene ID
- 100507436 View all products for this Gene ID 4277 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MICA MICB on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.