- W19089C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL18 BPa, IL-18 BPa, IL18BP, IL-18BP, IL18BPa, interleukin 18 binding protein, interleukin-18-binding protein, MC51L-53L-54L homolog gene product; tadekinig-alfa
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-18 binding protein (IL-18BP) binds to IL-18 with high affinity (Kd = 400 pM), neutralizes IL-18 activity and binds to IL-18 in a stoichiometric ratio. IL-18 belongs to the Interleukin-1 family and is a potent inflammatory cytokine. IL-18 is secreted by macrophages and dendritic cells and is expressed constitutively even in the absence of an inflammatory stimulus. IL-18 induces IFN-γ production, in the presence of IL-12 or IL-15, from Th1 cells. In addition, IL-18 promotes FasL-mediated cytotoxicity by NK cells. IL-18 has been associated with inflammatory and autoimmune diseases such as emphysema, metabolic syndromes, inflammatory bowel disease, and sepsis among others. IL-37 also interacts with IL-18BP at limiting concentrations of IL-18BP and at a 50- to 100-fold molar excess of IL-37. This interaction increases the inhibitory effect of IL-18BP on IL-18-induced IFN-γ in an NK cell line. IL-18 and IL-18BP are elevated in patients with eczema; also, IL-18 and IL-18BP are high in serum of patients with chronic liver disease. In addition, patients with heart failure have shown increases in IL-18 but decreases in IL-18BP levels. Currently, IL-18BP is in a clinical trial for the treatment of Adult-Onset Still’s disease, an inflammatory disease, which is characterized by high levels of IL-18 in plasma.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-18BP
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by the neutralizing the inhibition of human IFN-γ production induced by recombinant human IL-18BP-Fc chimera (Cat. No. 789804) at 0.125 μg/mL and recombinant human IL-18 (Cat. No. 592104) at 3.33 ng/mL on human KG-1a cells. ND50 range: 0.06 - 0.3 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2910511 (BioLegend Cat. No. 947703)
AB_2910511 (BioLegend Cat. No. 947704)
Mononuclear cells, leukocytes, keratinocytes, dermal fibroblasts. IFN-γ induces IL-18BP in colon carcinoma cells, ovarian epitheleal cancer cells, HepG2 cells, HaCaT keratinocyte, and fibroblast-like synovial cells
- Downregulates Th1 responses by binding to IL-18. The nuclear transcription factor LXR, IL-27, and IFN-γ regulate the expression of IL-18BP. IL-12 induces IL-18BP in monocytes via IFN-γ.
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Paulukat J, et al. 2001. J Immunol. 167:7038-43.
- Veenstra KG, et al. 2002. J Immunology. 168:2282-7.
- Bufler P, et al. 2002. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 99:13723-8.
- Mallat Z, et al. 2004. FASEB J. 18:1752-4.
- Wittmann M, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e38751.
- Dinarello CA, et al. 2013. Front Immunol. 4:289.
- Carbotti G, et al. 2013. Clin Cancer Res. 19:4611-20.
- Pourcet B, et al. 2016. Sci Rep. 6:25481.
- Hu Y, et al. 2017. Mediators Inflamm. 2017:3090782.
- Harms RZ, et al. 2017. Front Immunol. 8:1020.
- Gene ID
- 10068 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-18BP on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-18BP||W19089C||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.