- 42D1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CD85, ILT4, MIR10, Leukocyte Immunoglobulin-Like Receptor subfamily B member 2 (LILRB2), Leukocyte Immunoglobulin-like Receptor 2 (LIR-2)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD85 is a group of Ig superfamily tansmembrane glycoproteins called Ig-Like Transcripts (ILTs) or Leukocyte Immunoglobulin-like Receptors (LIRs). It is composed of both activating and inhibitory isoforms. The activating subset of ILTs is characterized by containing short cytoplasmic domains and positively charged arginine residues, while the inhibitory isoforms display long cytoplasmic tails containing ITIM motifs. CD85d is a 95kD inhibitory receptor, also known as ILT4, LIR2, or MIR10. ILT4 is expressed on the surface of monocytes/macrophages, and dendritic cells. ILT4 acts as an inhibitory receptor through recruitment of SHP-1 and SHP-2 protein tyrosine phosphatases. The ligands of ILT4 are HLA-A, -B and nonclassical MHC-I molecule HLA-G1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
FA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: negatively modulate myelomonocytic cells signaling. Enhance the binding of HLA-G tetramer to monocytes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Colonna M, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 160:3096
- Allan DS. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:1149
AB_2814237 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338713)
AB_2814238 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338714)
- ILT/LIR family, Ig superfamily, 95kD
Monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells
- MHC class I molecules (HLA-A, -B) and nonclassic class I molecule HLA-G1
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules: The CD Markers Wiley-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc, Publication
- Shiroishi M, et al. 2003. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 100:8856
- Colonna M, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 160:3096
- Lichterfeld M, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:2813
- Gene ID
- 10288 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD85d on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.