- W17212H (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5, TNFRSF5, B-cell surface antigen CD40, Bp50, CD40L receptor, CDw40
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD40, also known as TNFRSF5, is a type I transmembrane protein that belongs to the TNF receptor family (TNFR). CD40 is expressed on B cells, dendritic cells, monocytes, macrophages, platelets, basal epithelial cells, endothelial cells and a subset of CD34+ hematopoietic progenitors. The interaction between CD40 and its ligand TNFSF5/CD40L leads to the clustering of CD40 and the recruitment of TNFR associated factors (TRAFs), including TRAF1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. TRAF1, 2, 5 and 6 serve as positive regulators while TRAF3 is a negative regulator. CD40/CD40L interaction triggers downstream signaling on both cells, including upregulation of CD40 and cell survival on dendritic cells, upregulation of co-stimulatory molecules, CD80 and CD86 on T cells, and production of inflammatory cytokines. In addition, CD40 regulates B cell development/maturation, Ig isotype switching and in combination with other signals such as IL-4, promotes proliferation. It has been reported that a transcriptional factor, AKNA, can coordinately regulate the expression of CD40 and CD40L. Dysregulation of CD40 is associated with several diseases, such as hyper-IgM immunodeficiency type 3 (HIGM3) and Hodgkin's disease. Targeting of CD40/CD40L for cancer therapy is being evaluated in clinical trials, including anti-CD40 agonist antibodies and soluble recombinant CD40L. Several isoforms have been identified in humans and mice.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CD40 Recombinant Protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Block - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by blocking the binding between hCD40 and hCD40L. The ND50 range: 0.2 - 1 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814510 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668103)
AB_2814511 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668104)
- Disulfide bond-linked homodimer
B cells, dendritic cells, monocytes, macrophages, platelets, basal epithelial cells, endothelial cells and a subset of CD34+ hematopoietic progenitors, primary carcinomas.
- CD40 regulates B cell development/maturation, Ig isotype switching proliferation. CD40 is also involved in T cell priming and inflammatory cytokine production.
- TRAF1, 2, 3, 5, 6
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Ridge JP, et al. 1998. Nature 393:474.
- Schoenberger SP, et al. 1998. Nature 393:480.
- Bremer E. 2013. ISRN Oncol. 2013:371854.
- Siddiqa A, et al. 2001. Nature. 410: 383.
- Durandy A, et al. 2005. Immunol Rev. 203:67.
- O'Grady JT, et al. 1994. Am J Pathol. 144:21.
- Karaca NE, et al. 2012. Scand J Immunol. 76:21.
- Tone M, et al. 2001. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 98:1751.
- Eshel D, et al. 2008. Mol Immunol. 46:250.
- Hostager BS, et al. 2000. J Biol Chem. 275:15392.
- Elgueta R, et al. 2009. Immunol Rev. 229:152.
- Gene ID
- 958 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD40 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.