- HIM6 (See other available formats)
- VI N-L109
- Other Names
- Neurothelin, Basigin, EMMPRIN
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD147, also known as neurothelin or basigin, is a member of the Ig superfamily. It is a 55-65 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein which is primarily expressed on leukocytes, erythrocytes, platelets, and endothelial cells. CD147 is reported to have a function during embryonal brain development and/or play a role in integrin-mediated adhesion in brain endothelia.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human PBMCs
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
WB, IHC, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of T cell activation2, immunohistochemical staining1,3 of frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, and Western blotting1. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 306221 and 306222).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Menashi S, et al. 2003. Cancer Res. 63:7575. (WB IHC)
- Woodhead VE, et al. 2000. Int. Immunol. 12:1051. (Block)
- Reimers N, et al. 2004. Clin. Cancer Res. 10:3422. (IHC)
AB_2860815 (BioLegend Cat. No. 306221)
AB_2860816 (BioLegend Cat. No. 306222)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55-65 kD
Leukocytes, erythrocytes, platelets, endothelial cells
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Erythrocytes, Leukocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Biswas C, et al. 1995. Cancer Res. 55:434.
2. Fadool J, et al. 1993. Dev. Dyn. 196:252.
3. Felzmann T, et al. 1991. J. Clin. Immunol. 11:205.
- Gene ID
- 682 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD147 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.