- A15094F (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cutaneous T cell-attracting chemokine (CTACK), embrional stem cell chemokine (ESKINE), IL11RA-Locus chemokine interleukin-11 receptor a-locus chemokine (ILC), amin terminal peptide sequence (ALP)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CCL27 is highly expressed in skin where it is constitutively produced by keratinocytes. CCL27 binds to CCR10 (shared with CCL28) which is expressed on melanocytes, fibroblasts, and dermal microvascular endothelial cells. The interaction of CCL27 with CCR10 has a main role in skin homeostasis and inflammation. It has been described that more than 90% of the lymphocytes in the skin of patients with psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and allergic-contact dermatitis express CCR10. In melanoma, CCR10 increases the ability of neoplastic cells to grow, invade tissues, disseminate to lymph nodes, and escape host immune responses. Also, it has been described that human skin tumors elude T cell-mediated antitumor immune responses by down-regulating the expression of CCL27. Interestingly, this down-regulation is mediated by EGFR signaling. In addition, CCL27 upregulation in melanoma cells impairs tumor growth due to the recruitment and accumulation of T cells and natural killer cells at tumor sites, resulting in enhanced antitumor immune responses.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human CCL27 (CTACK)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of the chemotaxis induced by recombinant human CCL27 (CTACK) (50 ng/mL) on mouse Baf3-hCCR10 transfectant chemoattractant cells. ND50 range: 0.05 - 0.8 µg /mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2894526 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940303)
AB_2894526 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940304)
CCL27 is expressed in gonads, thymus, placenta and skin. CCL27 is expressed by keratinocytes, fibroblasts.
- CCL27 attracts CLA+ memory T cells to the skin. CCL27 mRNA is induced by TNF-α and IL-1 in keratinocytes, and this increase is down-regulated by IL-10. CCL27 expression is down-regulated in keratinocytes by EGF. CCL27 has important function in T cell-mediated skin inflammation, antitumor immune responses and neuroimmune communication with T cells during peripheral allergic inflammation.
- CLA+ memory T cells, melanocytes, dermal fibroblasts, dermal microvascular endothelial cells, skin-derived Langerhans cells, and plasmacytoid dendritic cells
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Morales J, et al. 1999. P Natl Acad Sci USA. 96:14470.
- Homey B, et al. 2000. J Immunol. 164:3465.
- Homey B, et al. 2002. Nature Med. 8:157.
- Okada N, et al. 2006. Cancer Gene Ther. 13:393.
- Pivarcsi A, et al. 2007. P Natl Acad Sci USA. 104:19055.
- Kai H, et al. 2011. Pathol Res Pract. 207:43.
- Gene ID
- 10850 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL27 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.