- Other Names
- SLAM family member 9, CD2 family member 10, CD2F-10, CD84 homolog 1, CD84-H1, SF2001.
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
SLAMF9 belongs to a member of the signaling lymphocytic activation molecule (SLAM) family and its structure shares homology with CD2 family members, including SLAMF5 (CD84), SLAMF3 (CD229) and SLAMF2 (CD48). It consists of two Ig-like domains in the extracellular region, a transmembrane domain and a cytoplasmic tail lacking SAP-binding motifs. SLAMF9 is expressed in macrophages, dendritic cells, B cells and T cells. SLAMF9-expressing tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) were identified in human and mouse melanomas, and SLAMF9 expression appears to enhance TNF-α secretion upon LPS treatment and influences cell migration. Mice with double deficiency of SLAMF8 and SLAMF9 are highly resistant to LPS-induced liver injury by downregulation of TLR4 and reduction of secretion of inflammatory cytokines.Product Details
- Mouse SLAMF9, amino acid (Phe18-Leu230) (Accession# Q9D780.2), with a C-terminal 6His tag, was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 219 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 24.47 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 31-50 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Phe.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 μm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 = 0.15 - 0.9 µg/mL, as determined dose dependent of anti-CD3-induced mouse T cell proliferation.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ig-containing molecules
Predominantly restricted to hematopoietic tissue; monocytes, dendritic cells, B cells and T cells; cancer cells, tumor activated macrophages.
- SLAMF9 plays a role in the immune response. Induces pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion and migration in tumor-associated macrophages of murine and human melanoma.
- Mouse SLAMF9 induces the proliferation of mouse CD3-activated T cells in a dose-dependent manner.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Lymphocytes, Macrophages, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Adhesion
- Antigen References
- Fennelly JA, et al. 2001. Immunogenetics 53: 599.
- Fraser CC, et al. 2002. Immunogenetics 53: 843.
- Zhang W, et al. 2001. Clin Cancer Res 7: 822s.
- Dollt C, et al. 2018. Cell Death Dis 9: 939.
- Dragovich MA, et al. 2018. Autoimmun Rev 17: 674.
- Zeng X, et al. 2018. Cell Mol Immunol.
- Gene ID
- 98365 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SLAMF9 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.