- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL34, Interleukin 34, C16orf77
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-34 is a homodimeric glycoprotein which contains 241 amino acids. IL-34 is expressed in heart, brain, lung, liver, kidney, thymus, spleen, and other organs. It specifically binds to CD115/M-CSF receptor (CSF-1 receptor or c-Fms) and activates ERK1/2 phosphorylation. The function of IL-34 overlaps with CSF-1 to regulate myeloid lineage differentiation, proliferation, and survival.
Elevated levels of IL-34 are seen in the plasma of rheumatoid arthritis patients, but can be decreased in response to therapy. IL-34 levels are also increased in the serum of cancer patients and associated with poor prognosis.
Mouse IL-34 shares 71% sequence identity with human IL-34 on the amino acid level.
- Mouse IL-34, amino acids Met1-Pro235 (Accession# NM_001135100.1) was expressed in CHO cells. The C-terminus has an 8His-tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 215 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of 26 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 39 kD and the non-reduced protein shows slightly greater mobility by SDS-PAGE.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE prior to lyophilization.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. A standard curve comprised of two-fold dilutions from 2 ng/ml to 31.3 pg/ml is recommended, and the end-user should titrate each lot of reagents for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
To measure mouse IL-34, this recombinant protein can be used as a standard in sandwich ELISA format, when used in conjunction with the LEAF™ purified C054-35 antibody (Cat. No. 147201) as the capture antibody, and the biotinylated Poly5193 antibody (Cat. No. 519303) as the detection antibody.
Note: For testing mouse IL-34 in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits (Cat. No. 439107 & 439108) are specially developed and recommended.
- Product Citations
Expressed in different tissues, including spleen, heart, brain, lung, liver, kidney, thymus, testes, ovary, small intestine, prostate, and colon
- Regulates myeloid lineage differentiation, proliferation, and survival
- Macrophages, monocytes, and myeloid cells
- CD115/M-CSF receptor (CSF-1 receptor or c-Fms)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Lin H, et al. 2008. Sciences 320:807.
2. Chihara T, et al. 2010. Cell Death Differ. 17:1917.
3. Wei S, et al. 2010. J. Leukoc. Biol. 88:495.
4. Eda H, et al. 2011. Rheumatology 31:1525.
5. Covaleda L, et al. 2010. Virology 397:217.
- Gene ID
- 76527 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-34 on UniProt.org