- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- NKSF, CTL maturation factor (TCMF), cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), TSF
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-12 is a potent regulator of cell mediated immune responses and it induces IFN-γ production by NK and T cells. It is produced by activated monocytes/macrophage cells, B lymphocytes and connective tissue type mast cells. Among its biological activities IL-12 promotes the growth and activity of activated NK, CD4+ and CD8+ cells and induces the development of IFN-γ producing Th1 cells. Recombinant murine IL-12 is a 75.0 kD heterodimeric glycoprotein consisting of disulfide-linked 35 kD (p35) and 40 kD (p40) subunits (506 total amino acid residues).Product Details
- CHO cells, approximately 70 kD
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 500 pg/ml to 4 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-12 p70 protein is useful as a standard for a mouse IL-12 sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled C18.2 antibody (Cat.No. 511802 ) for capture and biotinylated C17.8 antibody (Cat. No. 505302 ) for detection.
- Cytokine; heterodimer
- The ED50 was determined by the stimulation of IFN-γ production by murine splenocytes co-stimulated with IL-18 is ≤0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥1 x 107 units/mg.
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells, PBL
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immun. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res.4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 16159 View all products for this Gene ID 16160 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p70 on UniProt.org