- Other Names
- Transmembrane Activator And CAML Interactor (TACI), TNF Receptor Superfamily Member 13B (TNFRSF13B), Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 13B, CD267, CVID2, IGAD2, CVID, RYZN, TNFRSF14B
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Transmembrane activator and calcium-modulating cyclophilin ligand interactor (TACI) is a TNFR family member molecule and is part of the so-called BAFF system. This includes two ligands: B cell-activating factor of the TNF family (BAFF) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL), and three receptors: BAFFR (TNFRSF13C), TACI (TNFRSF13B), and B cell maturation Ag (BCMA or TNFRSF17). BAFF binds the three receptors, while APRIL binds TACI and BCMA. TACI is constitutively expressed on naïve B cells and is upregulated on activated B cells. TACI levels are severely reduced in newborn mice B cells compared with those of adult mice, and newborn B cells do not secrete immunoglobulins when they are stimulated with BAFF or APRIL. This reduced TACI expression might be responsible for the irresponsiveness of newborn B cells to T cell independent type II antigens such as bacterial capsular polysaccharides. The extracellular domain of TACI can be cleaved by ADAM10; this process results in a soluble TACI (sTACI) that assembles as an oligomeric complex that binds BAFF and APRIL and blocks B cell survival and activation. High levels of sTACI have been detected in different immunopathologies such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), compartmentalized multiple sclerosis (MS), and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL).Product Details
- Human TACI, amino acid Ser2 - Thr166 (Accession # O14836) was expressed in 293E cells. The carboxy terminus contains linker -hFc- (Pro100 - Lys330).
- Molecular Mass
- The 404 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 45.38 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 55 kD and 100 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ser.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 μm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1.0 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10-25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. (Please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for one month, at -20°C for six months, or at -70°C for one year. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C to -70°C. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in sterile buffer (PBS, HPBS, DPBS, or EBSS) containing carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA and stored in working aliquots at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recombinant human TACI inhibits the proliferation of activated mouse B cells induced by recombinant mouse BAFF (Cat. No. 591202) in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 3 - 12 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Peripheral B lymphocytes
- TACI triggers immunoglobulin class switching, IgG and IgA, by activating B cells through the adaptor MyD88. It also enhances the generation and maintenance of isotype-switched memory B lymphocytes and plasma cells, and increases the affinity of the produced antibody by the process of somatic hypermutation of the Ig gene. TACI drives plasma cell differentiation in LPS activated B cells. In addition, TACI is required in T-independent antibody production and in the regulation of B cell numbers. The interaction between B cells (expressing TACI) and DC (expressing BAFF) induces a rapid DC maturation which primes naive CD8+ T cells.
- B cells, myeloid cells, and monocyte-derived dendritic cells.
- Ligand Receptor
- APRIL (TNFSFL13A, CD256) and BAFF (TNFSFL13B, CD257) are TACI ligands.
- Recombinant Human TACI inhibits the proliferation of activated mouse B cells induced by recombinant mouse BAFF.
- Cell Targets
- B cells, myeloid cells, and monocyte-derived dendritic cells.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Lymphocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Schneider P, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:1747.
- Diaz-de-Durana Y, et al. 2006. Blood 107:594.
- Kanswal S, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:976.
- Yang J, et al. 2009. PLOS One 4:e8494.
- Ozcan E, et al. 2009. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 123:1277.
- He B, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:836.
- Garibyan L, et al. 2007 J. Clin. Invest. 117:1550.
- Hoffmann FS, et al. 2015 J. Immunol. 194:542.
- Shen X, et al. 2016 Adv. Clin. Exp. Med. 25:837.
- Gene ID
- 23495 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TACI on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.