- Other Names
- SLAM family member 6, Activating NK receptor, NK-T-B-antigen, NTB-A, CD352, Ly108
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
SLAMF6, also known as NTB-A, is one of the members in the CD2/CD150 subfamily. SLAMF6 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and it is expressed on NK cells, T cells and B cells in humans. It is also found on macrophages, dendritic cells and granulocytes in mice. SLAMF6 is a self-ligand receptor. The homophilic interaction with SLAMF6-expressing cells and engagement of SLAMF6 by antibody-mediated cross-linking or recombinants trigger NK cell cytotoxicity, cytokine production and cell proliferation. In addition, the homophilic interaction of SLAMF6 is involved in CD28 independent T cell co-stimulation, triggering Th1 cytokine production, and regulation of B cell tolerance. After stimulation, phosphorylated SLAMF6 associates with SAP/SH2D1A and EAT-2/SH2D1B adaptor proteins. Functional assays demonstrated that SAP is dispensable for SLAMF6-mediated cytotoxicity, but SLAMF6-mediated IFNγ production is impaired in the absence of SAP. In mice, SLAMF6, also called Ly108, plays an important role in CD4+ T cell responses and innate immunity to bacteria and parasites. In SLAMF6-deficient mice, CD4+ T cells and innate responses are defective. The SLAM family of receptors has been implicated in the pathophysiology of autoimmunity. SLAMF6 may censor self-reactive B cells as a potential regulator of tolerance checkpoints, safeguarding against autoimmunity. SLAMF6 is strongly linked to lupus susceptibility in mice and human patients. Therefore, SLAMF6 serves as a regulator of both innate and adaptive immune responses. Engagement of SLAMF6 along with CD3/TCR stimulation induces IL-17 production.Product Details
- Human SLAMF6 (NTB-A), amino acid (Leu28-Lys225) (Accession: # Q96DU3.3), with a linker (GSSR) and a C-terminal human IgG (Pro100-Lys330), was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 433 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 48.66 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at between 66-90 kD and 120-200 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Leu.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 μm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10-25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. (Please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The ED50 is 0.6 - 3.0 µg/mL, as measured by the ability of immobilized protein to induce IFN-γ production by NK-92 cells. Human IFN-γ ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Kit (Cat. No. 430104) was used to measure IFN-γ production.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CD2 subfamily
Expressed in resting and activated NK cells, T cells, B cells; plasma membrane
- CD28 independent T cell costimulation, induction of NK cell cytotoxicity, regulation of B cell tolerance; plays an important role in CD4+ T cell responses, innate immunity to bacteria and parasites, and NK cell function.
- SAP/SH2D1A, EAT-2/SH2D1B, Src kinase
- SLAMF6 (self-ligand)
- Recombinant human SLAMF6 induces the production of IFNγ in human NK-92 cells.
- Antigen References
- Bottino C, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:235-246.
- Eissmann P, Watzl C. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:3170-7.
- Chatterjee M, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 1102773.
- Howie D, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:5931-5.
- Valdez PA, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:18662-9.
- Kumar KR, et al. 2006. Science. 312:1665-9.
- Gene ID
- 114836 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SLAMF6 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.