- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-8, NAP-1, MDNCF, NAF, LAI, GCP, CXCL8
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
- Human IL-8, Ser 28- Ser 99 - Accession Number NM_000584, was expressed in E. coli.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 1000pg/ml to 8pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-8 protein is useful as a standard for a human IL-8 sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled BH0814 antibody (catalog #514602) for capture and biotinylated BH0840 antibody (catalog #514704) for detection.
- What is the murine homolog of IL-8?
Rodents lack a direct homologue of IL-8, but the chemokines CXCL1/KC, CXCL2/MIP-2, and CXCL5-6/LIX are regarded as functional homologues of IL-8.