- Other Names
- Interleukin-12 p70, Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Bioactive IL-12 is a potent regulator of cell-mediated immune responses and key mediator of Th1 cell development. Bioactive IL-12 is secreted by activated B lymphocytes, dendritic cells, and macrophages as a 70 kD heterodimeric glycoprotein comprised of disulfide-bonded 35 kD and 40 kD subunits. The disulfide-linked p40 homodimer can bind to IL-12 receptors and antagonize the activities of bioactive IL-12. Recombinant human IL-12 is a 70 kD protein containing a 306 amino acid p40 subunit and a 197 amino acid p35 subunit.Product Details
- Expressed in insect cells as secreted protein (p35: Accession# NM_000882, p40: Accession# NM_002187).
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- ELISA Standard 4-Pack contains four vials of recombinant human IL-12 (p70) at >5 ng per vial. Recommended for ELISA application only. Standards are calibrated against a BioLegend Master Calibrator.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 1000 pg/ml to 15.6 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-12 p70 protein is useful as a standard for a human IL-12 sandwich ELISA, using unlabelled anti-IL-12 p70 antibody, clone 7B12 (Cat. No. 511002) for capture and biotinylated C8.6 antibody (Cat. No. 508802) for detection.
- Cytokine; heterodimer
- Induces IFN-γ, TNF-α production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of Th1 T lymphocytes.
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells, PBL
- IL-12Rβ1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rβ2 binds p35 (CD212)
- Biology Area
- Innate Immunity, Immunology, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immun. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 3592 View all products for this Gene ID 3593 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p70 on UniProt.org