- Other Names
- Immunoglobulin G1 Fc, Immunoglobulin heavy constant gamma 1, Ig gamma-1 chain C region, IGHG1, IgG1, IgG1-Fc, IgG1 Fc
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Immunoglobulin G (IgG) is composed of two heavy chains and two light chains. IgG Fc is a homodimer composed of the constant region of the two heavy chains that form the IgG molecule. The Fc fragment mediates opsonization, antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity, and complement activation through binding to Fc receptors such as CD16, CD32, CD64, and the complement factor C1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Human IgG1 Fc, amino acids Thr106-Lys330 (Accession # P01857) was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 243 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 27.3 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 30 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 60 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Thr.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for one month, at -20°C for six months, or at -70°C for one year. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C to -70°C. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in sterile buffer (PBS, HPBS, DPBS, or EBSS) containing carrier protein such as 0.2-1% BSA or HSA and stored in working aliquots at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When human IgG1 Fc (Thr106-Lys330) is immobilized at 0.5 µg/mL, human CD64 binds with ED50 of 1 - 4 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homodimer formed by the constant region of the IgG heavy chain
- Mediates opsonization, antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity, and complement activation through binding to Fc receptors.
- Macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, NK cells, and CD8+ T cells
- Ligand Receptor
- CD16, CD32, CD64 (FCGR1A), complement factor C1
- Measured by its ability to bind human CD64
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Reime CB, et al. 1984. Hybridoma. 3:263.
- Jefferis R, et al. 1985. Immunol Lett. 10:223.
- A A, et al. 2016. Biotechnol Bioeng. 112: 2214-27.
- Cilliers C, et al. 2017. Mol Pharm. 14:1623.
- Gene ID
- 3500 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IgG1 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.