- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- C-C motif chemokine ligand 3-like 1 (CCL3L1), LD78-ž, G0/G1 switch regulatory protein 19-2, G0S19-2, PAT 464.2, Small-inducible cytokine A3-like 1, Tonsillar lymphocyte LD78-ž protein, SCYA3L1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CCL3L1 is a chemokine belonging to the CC chemokine family. The gene locus is located on q-arm of Chromosome 17 where a chemokine gene cluster is positioned. CCL3L1 shows a high degree of structural and functional similarity to CCL3 and it might arise by segmental gene duplication. CCL3L1 encodes MIP-1α isoform LD78-β, which shows a high affinity to CCR5 expressed in T cells. CCL3L1 can chemoattract monocytes as well. It has showed that CD26/ dipeptidyl peptides IV can process N-terminus of CCL3L1 into other two forms, LD78-β (3-70) and LD78-β (5-70). Particularly, LD78-β (3-70) is abundant from peripheral blood mononuclear cells and has increased chemotactic activity comparing the full length. Several evidence show that the copy number of CCL3L1 varies among different individuals (1-6 copies). The copy number of CCL3L1 has been studied in several diseases, such as Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), HIV infection, and Kawasaki disease. Previous reports indicated that CCL3L1 is a potent inhibitor of HIV infection since CCR5 is co-receptor for R5 strain of HIV. However, there are conflicting data whether the copy number of CCL3L1 affects disease susceptibility.Product Details
- Human CCL3L1, amino acid Ala24-Ala93 (Accession# P16619.1) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 70 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 7.8 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 7.8 and 15 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ala.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng/µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The activity was measured by its property to chemoattract Baf3-hCCR5 transfectants in a dose dependent manner. The ED50 = 0.1-0.4 ng/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CC chemokine
- CCL3 chemokine is a chemoattractant which recruits and activates lymphocytes and monocytes to sites of infection or inflammation.
- CCR1, CCR3, CCR5
- Chemoattracts Baf3-hCCR5 transfectants.
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Struyf S. et al. 2001. Eur. J. Immunol. 31:2170.
2. Proost P. et al. 2000. Blood 96:1674.
3. Aklillu E. et al. 2013. BMC Infect Dis. 13:536.
4. Shao W. et al. 2007. Genes Immun. 8:224.
5. Cantsilieris S. et al. 2012. Hum Mutat. 34:1.
- Gene ID
- 6349 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL3L1 MIP-1alpha isoform LD78-beta on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)